Daily trip: Vancouver, Canada!

9:47 PM



When on a Sunday morning last year, while we still resided in Washington State I suggested my husband we did a day trip to Vancouver, Canada, his answer was: "Sure!"
Vancouver is just 2h away from Monroe, the city we used to live in the Evergreen State. The short distance makes it easy to hop in the car and go on a daily adventure. The idea of being able to visit a different country just for a day was always very appealing to me, even more a country like Canada.
Vancouver is one of the biggest cities in Canada and beyond being famous for its Hockey team, The Canucks, and rainy weather (Just like the PNW states) the city is also famous for its liveability. The city constantly pops up on Mercer's (One of the most famous HR consulting firm) list of best cities to live in the world,  this year the city ranked number 5th. So shall we start our Canadian adventure, eh?

🍁 Tim Hortons

We actually paid a visit to the Canadian fast-food chain best known for its donuts during a quick stop in a random city while we were on our way to Vancouver. Canadians rave about Tim Hortons so I was pretty thrilled to try their stuff.


I must confess I was not impressed with my order, I mean it's regular coffee and sandwich, nothing special. I still vote for my daily Starbucks. However, according to my Canadian friend Boston, I should've tried the double double, and depending on the weather a sun dried tomato soup. And if you are curious about the lack of apostrophe in the restaurant's name, you can find the explanation here, it's actually prety interesting!

Please excuse my Vulcan Salute, I was still preparing for the picture! haha

🍁 Stanley Park

This is one of the biggest parks I've ever been in my entire life. The atmosphere is contagious and the view from across the water is absolutely beautiful. Lots of people roller-blading, walking around, biking. If we had more time in the city we'd have done a picnic there and also paying a visit to the aquarium that is located at the park. 



🍁 Gas Town

If you ever go to Vancouver, this is a MUST spot. Gas Town is that cute bohemian neighborhood with cobblestone streets and Victorian architecture that is a sight for sore eyes. Many episodes of famous TV shows like Once upon a time were shot in the area because of its resemblance to NY city. (And also because it's way cheaper to shoot in Vancouver than in the US!)

One monument that draws a lot of attention to the area is the Steam Clock, a unique clock built in 1977 and powered by steam.

This for sure is not a guide to Vancouver, it's more like a short sneak peek. That was a great day trip and we did the most we could in the short amount we spent there. I seriously can't wait to go back to that beautiful city. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe